I have a new passion for making cakes. I am a graphic and interior designer by training and modern clean lines with a hint fo fun is my favorite design aesthetic. Looks like I have transferred that to my cake designs.
This cake is crazy delicious, and would you believe it is sugar free.
I did use eggs here, but aquafaba works perfectly too.
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup Missy J's carob powder
- 1 cup Missy J's Carob Chips (unsweetened)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 13 oz Almond Milk or Nut milk of your choice
- 3 eggs or vegan "eggs" of your choice
- 2 tsp. Monk Fruit Extract Drops
- 1/2 Cup Miyoko's Cultured Butter or Earth Balance
- 1 Cup Miyoko's Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Shortening
- 1/4- 1/2 Cup Missy J's Carob powder
- 1 -2 tsp. Monk Fruit Extract Drops
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line greased loaf pan with parchment paper. I grease parchment paper too.
- Melt 1/2 cup carob chips
- Mix dry ingredients
- Add melted carob chips
- Mix eggs and all wet ingredients into dry
- Mix well
- Scrape down bowl to incorporate all ingredients
- Fold in 1/2 cup carob chips
- Spread evenly into the pan and smooth the top
- Bake 40-50 minutes
- Toothpick test for doneness
- Let completely cool.
- Freeze for an hour before cutting
- Carefully cut cake into 4 - 1" (or so) even layers
- Frost between layers and pipe decorations on top using your favorite piping tip. Frost all the way around or leave sides as a"naked cake.
- Top with carob chips or pieces of Missy J's candy bars, or make your own candy bar to add to the top.
- Cream "butter" about 10-15 seconds.
- Add "Cream cheese" and shortening. About 20 seconds or until blended, but don't over blend.
- Add monk fruit and vanilla
- Add Carob powder a little at a time
- Blend together till it reaches frosting consistency, but don't over mix.
NOTES: If the frosting is too warm you'll find that it won't pipe firmly.
Just pop it in the freezer for about 10- 15 minutes.
Store cake and frosting in the refrigerator.
Enjoy within a few days.