Summer for me equals ICE CREAM. I remember in my 20s living in Santa Monica, CA, I’d end my day from the beach or Venice Boardwalk at Ben & Jerrys. Truth be told, I obsessed about that treat the entire day. We’d walk down Main street feeling super hip, stand in line and order up.
What I know now, that I didn’t know then is why I felt like complete crap after this fun decadent outing. The chocolate, sugar and the dairy always knocked me out, ALWAYS and I’d suffer. Yet, the next Saturday and the next, I’d do all over again. Fast forward 30 years later and now no more Ben and Jerry’s for me, just the equally satisfying handmade “ice cream” treat.
- 4 - 6 Frozen Bananas
- 2 TBSP Creamy PB
- 1/4 cup Missy J’s Carob Chips
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts.
- Dash of salt.
- Peel bananas
- Cut bananas in half
- Freeze overnight
- Take bananas out of the freezer and lightly thaw on the counter for about 6 -10 minutes
- Run bananas thru the “As seen on TV” Yonanas™ Ice Cream Treat Maker found at Bed, Bath and Beyond or Amazon. ($39.99). This machine literally makes frozen bananas into delicious “soft serve ice cream”.
- Put “soft serve” in the 4x8 loaf pan
- Mix in Peanut butter, about a tablespoon of the chopped peanuts, a dash of salt and 1 TBSP of Missy J’s Carob Chips
- Top with the rest of the nuts and chips
- Serve in mini bowls
- Add a few slices of bananas or raspberries, extra nuts and chips for color and fun.