Here’s an energy bar recipe from @mypetcipe on Instagram that they say both dogs and humans will enjoy together! Use different molds or make it rectangular shape if you don’t want to eat the bone-shaped energy bars.
- Grind pumpkin seeds into powder form using a coffee grinder. Make sure the grinder does not have any remainder of ground coffee as it is toxic to dogs.
- Add all the ingredients into the food processor and grind them. Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
- The mixture should amass easily when you press together.
- Place the mixture into the silicone molds of your choice and press firm into the molds.
- Place the mold in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for a few hours until they become hardened. The thicker the mixture is, the longer it will take to be hardened.
- Optional: Melt the carob chip (either by microwaving or steaming) and pour into a piping bag or Ziploc bag. Cut the tip and drizzle over the energy bar to decorate.
CAUTION: Every pet is different. Make your best judgement on the amount and the ingredients depending on your own pet’s allergies and food intolerance level.
Find original recipe here;